Friday, April 27, 2007

I miss you, Sugar Mama!

Christina moved to Seattle. I blame Nathan. He took her. He’s a good guy, don’t get me wrong, and I totally understand why Christina would move to Seattle with Nathan and not stay here in Moscow with me. But I have to say, that “I missed you, Mama!”

Last Thanksgiving when Daniel and I stayed with them when we went to see The Decemberists, D and I took a break from each other. He stayed with his brother and I stayed with Christina (Bobina Yolanda Hoop). Well, when Christina and I were in a fast food Mexican restaurant (one of our favorite kinds) she decided to buy me lunch. I don’t remember how the entire conversation went, but it ended with Christina calling herself my Sugar Mama and totally freaking out the guy behind the counter. HA!

Christina and I quote Eddie Izzard to each other all the time. And she knew we were destined to be friends when I started singing “You look easy and willing to put out, so roll in the cream cheese, roll in the cream cheese!” And I knew we were destined to be friends when she shouted, “I know where that comes from!”

When we get together we don’t have to explain ourselves. So, my friend Christina, I say here to you: I have invented a maneuver…

And here’s a question for the rest of you to ponder: Is it bad for people with severe peanut allergies to think about Jimmy Carter?

No comments: