Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Woke Up With a Rainbow in my Bra

Normally when I go to bed, I take off my bra. Really, as all women know it's just more comfortable that way. But last night due to the sinus cold I'm struggling with, I simply went to bed. Clothes and all.

This morning when I was getting undressed from yesterday's clothes a piece of paper came flying out and landed in my bathroom sink. "What the...?" I thought to myself and then remembered, "oh yeah! My piece of rainbow!"

Here's the story...

In acting class we got to draw and write with crayons. We shared with our partner and then passed them around the room. Afterwards we honored the class by sharing the crayon creations. Kate, in her honoring, ripped little pieces of the drawing of a rainbow from the whole and gave us each a piece. In my total absence of pockets I put it in my bra. As I placed it here above my heart I thought of my Mom who was that day having a pace maker put in. My rainbow was resting in the spot where her pace maker would be. It brought me some comfort and I thought of her and waited all day to hear from my family as to how her surgery had gone.

My sister, Chris, called me at 3:30 to let me know that Mom's surgery had gone well but that they weren't going to let her go home until the next day. I said something to Chris and she said something out loud and I hear Mom in the background say, "oh, you guys!" I knew she was all right.

With that worry out of my mind, I forgot completely about the rainbow in my bra.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea! Why didn't you tell me? I'd have been praying for her. And for you.

Though with a rainbow in your bra, I guess you were doing okay.