Sunday, September 09, 2007

Eating Lunch With Someone Else's Fork

Many of you know that I should not cook. One of the people who knows this is Kylie. That's why she cooks for me. Today she made me some soup. And some cookies. That I may or may not share. It depends. On my mood.

On Friday she made me lunch and brought it up to the language lab so we could eat lunch together. She said, "You have to meet Joyce." I was confused but I followed her anyway. At that point I realized that what she had actually said was "You have to make a choice." I chose spaghetti. Then she asked, "Did you bring a fork?" and I said that I hadn't. She warmed it up in the microwave, brought it to me, gave me a nice piece of bread and handed me a fork.

It was delicious. We sat there talking while the microwave was cooking Kylie's lunch. We chatted about this and that. Louis Perraud walked past and laughed at us...he calls us the "coffee clutch" as we sit there during the week to eat our lunches.

Kylie got her lunch from the microwave and started eating some bread. More talking. More laughing. Then I got to the part where I was just using the bread to eat the last of my spaghetti when Kylie asked, "Are you done with the fork?" I said that I was and she said, "So I can use it now?"

It was at that moment when I realized that Kylie had not been eating her pasta because she was waiting for the one and only fork! She'd asked me to bring one and I'd spaced it so she let me eat lunch first because there was only ONE FORK!

I laughed and handed the fork to Kylie and she ate her lunch.

My friend Kylie is the BEST. I love her SO MUCH...and apparently, she loves me too.

Thanks, Kylie! Bock! Bock!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Maaike, my friend, you can eat first off my fork anytime. I do love you!
MWAH!