Today someone who had never before talked to me correctly pronounced my name. It threw me for a loop! How does this guy know how to pronounce my name? So I asked him. “I had a friend by that name in elementary school.” Huh. It got me thinking that there may be a few of you out there with a Maaike somewhere in your past and I thought I’d set up this quiz for your safety—so you can be assured that your Maaike is the genuine article:
True or False:
- Maaike is allergic to walnuts. And onions. And most metal jewelry.
- Maaike pulled a wheeled-wooden gorilla on a string across the University of Idaho campus causing someone to think she was “slow.”
- Maaike will be driving 160 mile round trip to buy twenty Styrofoam heads from Value Village in Spokane.
- Maaike thinks French cut green beans are vegetables from the devil.
- Maaike once moved her mattress into the closet and sat there for 2 hours waiting to see if someone would notice she was missing. No one did.
- Maaike thought the song “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” was about her.
- Maaike wants to be either a Princess or a Monkey when she grows up.
- Maaike once cut in line at a very busy store at Christmas time because she was pretending to have an English accent and the people thought it was cool and let her in line.
- Maaike recently looked up a teen web-site for information on "how to get over a crush."
- Maaike is a Scorpio born in the hours of Scorpio and a Rooster born in the hours of Rooster.
Fill in the Blank:
- Maaike’s Dad called her ________________ from a little Dutch song about a girl riding her bicycle.
- Maaike’s Dad also called her ______________ because of a card game she always wanted him to play with her.
- Maaike’s best friends on the UI campus are _____________, the DJ of The Vegetable Patch, and _____________ the Mom of ________________.
- When Maaike was little she was afraid of her brother’s stuffed toy Grover because his _______________ glowed at night.
- Maaike’s bike’s name is _______________________.
- Maaike’s car’s name is ________________.
- Maaike’s teddy bear’s name is ______________________. And he suffers from _____________________________________ disorder.
- Maaike is the sixth ________________ because of a Pink Panther movie her father loved.
- Maaike calls her Mom ______________.
- Maaike currently owns ____________ sets of fairy/goth wings.