Monday, June 29, 2009

Where Is My Mind

(Image by Loretta Lux)

Sometimes we fight, my brain and I. Such a dichotomy between what I want to do versus what I am able to do because my mind won't let me go. Every detail of every day has a fight.

Does any one understand what it's like to have to fight your brain to get up out of bed? To have a desire to continue? To even want to face life?

This doesn't mean that there aren't things that bring me joy...it just means that I have to FIGHT my brain to do those things. Do you know what it's like to have to fight with yourself to do something you LIKE to do?

Everyday I have to fight a battle with my brain. Every morning I have to make myself get up and go. Every single day. No wonder I'm tired. No wonder I dream of finding a quietness that never ends. No wonder I don't care who comes or goes because no one really understands.

I am so tired of fighting this battle. Can't anyone step in and fight it for me?

Or at least with me?

No comments: