Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Black hair, black heart and when do I really need a man anyway?

On Saturday I got my haircut. It's in an a-line and I really like the cut. Then I had my friend, Daniel M. help me color it. It's purple underneath and blue/black on top. It's GORGEOUS if I do say so myself.

So now, for valentine's day, I have black hair. To go with my bruised, blacked heart.

But I have to ask myself, when do I really need a man, anyway? The truth is that I need one very rarely...

Car problem...would be nice to have a man deal with it. Not because I can't, but because I don't want to. And because the other men at the repair shop treat me like a brainless twit.

Repairs around the house...sure again, nice to have a guy do the work...partly because I'm not really strong enough nor do I know how to run any of power tools.

I'd like him to do the driving...

balance the checkbook...

sing songs...

The truth is that what I need, is someone who needs me. Someone who when he's sick he asks me to sit with him. Or when he's sad he asks me to listen to him. I can get through life doing all the dumb crap that life expects of me. We all do it. Alone. Together. It doesn't matter, we all have to do it. What I don't want to do is to spend my life never being needed by anyone. Never being needed by that someone.

Valentine's day sucks.

check this out: http://www.tokyomango.com/tokyo_mango/2007/02/valentines_day_.html

and keep in mind that one of my nicknames is Mango!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked and looked and looked for you and your anti-Valentines hair, but you never showed up at school. I bet you look gorgeous, but I wanna see for myself.