Sunday, November 30, 2008

Help! My Haircut is Age Appropriate!!

I had a dream last night in which I was once again fighting the battle between good and evil. However, this time I didn’t get to the end of the fight because I was kidnapped by the evil side. He kidnapped me because he was in love with me. I didn’t mind being kidnapped because someone loved me. It was beautiful. Up to a point. Whenever I have dreams about someone being in love with me it always ends up that he disappears. Yep. Here is someone who finally falls in love with me enough to kidnap me to the evil side, but then, he disappears.

A bunch of times in dreams I’ve been sitting next to an empty chair telling everyone how much “he” loves me. I point to the empty chair and although my heart knows the chair is empty; my mind is trying so hard to convince those in my dream staring at the chair that there really is someone who would choose me from the crowd. The chair is empty. Always empty.

It’s so cruel that even my subconscious won’t even let me be loved.

Speaking of empty chairs…my friend Gregg will be leaving in December to go to a job in Reno. That means that there will be an empty chair on my left during church every Sunday. I’ll be taking applications, essays, and letters of recommendation for the next few weeks. Ben Stellmon is the current front runner, but he’ll only be sitting there part time, so that means there is still a slot. Then, when Dan leaves in May, there’ll be another slot. But I’m not talking about that right now.

Oh, and to top it all off…my dreams of NOT love, friends leaving, and all…my haircut is age appropriate and I feel old because of it. I have only two choices, wait until it grows or cut it off. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you and I should shave our heads after the semester is over. :)
~Beth